The Golden Stupa Towers Almost 98 Metres (326 feet) Above the Green City-Scape of Yangon, Never Fails to Enchant Visitors. It is Visible from Almost Anywhere in the City and From the Miles Around. Shwedagon located in the North of Central Yangon between People’s Park and Kandawgyi Royal Lake. It is believed to have Been Built on the Singottara Hill More than 2500 Years Ago and Was Renovated Many times Over the Centuries.
"Bo" means "Military Leader" and "Tahtaung" means "one thousand", the "Botahtaung" Pagoda was named after the thousand military leaders who escorted relics of "Buddha" brought from India over 2,000 years ago. The Batataung Pagoda is a famous pagoda located in downtown Yangon near the Yangon river The Pagoda was first built By the Mon Around the Same time As was Shwedagon Pagoda According to Local Belief, Over 2500 years ago, And was known As Kyaik-de-att in the Mon language The Botataung Pagoda was Completely Destroyed during World War II and Was Rebuilt After the War.The rebuilding of the Pagoda started on the same day that the Country Gained Independence From UK 4 January 1948. The Chamber in Size 20' x 20' and 6 in Height Gradually Decreasing in Size towards the top and Appearing like a Huge Pot Placed up-sided Down to Cover Completely The new pagoda is of original design and in height 131 ft. 8 ins, on abase of 96 ft. x 96 ft. The main attraction is the stupa's hollow inside
Chauk Htat gyi Pagoda
Chauk Htat Gyi Pagoda, houses a striking reclining Buddha image that measures an impressive 65 meters long and 16 meters high, vermillion lips, and bright blue eyeshadow. The Chauk Htat Gyi Pagoda is just a Short Distance Northeast of Shwedagon in Yangon is known for its Enormous 65 meters long And 16 Meters High Reclining Buddha Image. The Original image was Completed in 1907. When after Many Decades the Chauk Htat Gyi image Was in a Bad state of Repair, a Devout Buddhist Decided to Restore it. The Very Impressive 65 meters long and 16 meters high Chauk Htat Gyi Buddha image is wearing a Golden Robe; the Right Arm of the Buddha is Supporting the Back of the Head. The 'Sweet-Eyed Buddha, statue's Porcelain Face is Punctuated By Expressive Large Eyes (made from special imported Japanese glass) The Reclining Buddha image is Also Decorated with Very Expressive ColoUrs white face, Red lips, Blue Eye Shadow, Golden Robe, and Red finger Even the nails are Painted Red. Resting on his Right, the Buddha's Staggered Feet is Decorated with 108 Sacred Buddhist Symbols.
The National Museum Located in Dagon, Yangon, is One of The National Museum of Burmese Art, History And Culture in Myanmar. Founded in 1952, at The Jubilee Hall Building on Shwedagon Pagoda Road The Museum was Moved to a Larger Location at 24/26 Pansodan Street in 1970, And Then to its Present location in 1996. he new National Museum has been open to the Public Since 18 September 1996 It Has an Extensive Collection of Ancient Artefacts, The Highlight is the Spectacular 26ft-high, Jewel-Encrusted Sihasana (Lion Throne), which belonged to King Thibaw Min, the Last King of Myanmar. The Displays are Split Into Two Basic Themes Culture And Historic Periods. Within These They Have Separate Galleries Covering All Aspects of Myanmar’s history, Including Natural history, Folk Art, Performing Arts, Buddhist Imagery, and Ancient Ornaments. Related to History, Culture, And Civilization of Burmese people. It is a vast building and a rich journey through the ages of Myanmar (Burma)
Allied War Memorial Cemetery
The Allied War Memorial Cemetery is located at Htauk Kyant, Mingaladon Township, 32km from Yangon, on the way to Bago. It was built in 1951. It is a memorial cemetery of the Allied soldiers of the Indian Army and African soldiers who fought and died in the Myanmar Campaign during World War II. The cemetery is peaceful and it's beautifully kept grounds has 27,000 stone graves of fallen Commonwealth and Allied soldiers. Of the total, 1,819 graves are Indian soldiers. Htauk Kyant War cemetery is the largest of the three war cemeteries in Myanmar.